(INDIANAPOLIS) – The Indiana Manufacturers Association (IMA) held its 2019 Manufacturers Hall of Fame Awards Luncheon on October 16, 2019, at the Biltwell Event Center, in Indianapolis.
This year, the IMA expanded the event with the addition of the Manufacturing Excellence Awards, which focus on and honor companies in specific areas of achievement.
“The goal of the IMA Manufacturers Hall of Fame and Manufacturing Excellence Awards is to celebrate and recognize the positive achievements made by Indiana manufacturing companies, and to honor their contributions in furthering manufacturing in Indiana,” said IMA
President and CEO Brian Burton.
“As the most manufacturing-intensive state in the nation, Indiana employs nearly 20% of the Indiana workforce – more than 545,000 employees. Additionally, Indiana manufacturing continues to be one of the highest paying industry sectors in the state, and accounts for 27.7% of Indiana’s total GDP.”
Katz, Sapper & Miller LLP, the presenting sponsor of the event, and the
Indiana University Kelley School of Business released and discussed
their findings from the 2019 Indiana Manufacturing Survey titled “Labor Shortages Hit Home.”
The survey found that a record number of respondents expect their product markets to grow rapidly in the near future, but many are finding it difficult to attract younger generations of skilled and unskilled workers who are able to replace the wave of retiring baby boomers. The full survey is available here.
The companies being inducted into the Indiana Manufacturers Hall of Fame this year have made outstanding contributions to the development of a healthy, dynamic environment in Indiana, and to the state’s overall economic well-being.
Indiana Manufacturers Hall of Fame inductees included:
- Aero Industries Inc., Indianapolis
- Indiana Oxygen Company, Indianapolis
- Indiana Steel & Engineering Corporation, Bedford
- Kimball International, Inc., Jasper
- New York Blower Company, LaPorte
- Plymouth Foundry, Inc., Plymouth
- United States Steel Corporation, Gary
Companies and individuals receiving the Manufacturing Excellence Awards were chosen from nominations submitted by peers in the manufacturing community.
Manufacturing Excellence Award winners included:
- Large-Tier Manufacturer of the Year: Kimball Electronics, Inc.
- Medium-Tier Manufacturer of the Year: ITAMCO
- Small-Tier Manufacturer of the Year: Kinetrex Energy
- Manufacturing Talent Champions: AmeriQual Group, LLC and Batesville Tool & Die, Inc.;
- Community Impact: Honda Manufacturing of Indiana, LLC
- Emerging Leader: Andrew Handa of ArcelorMittal
- Innovation Excellence: Raytheon
- Lifetime Achievement: Paul Penn of Dart Controls, Inc.
We congratulate all of the inductees and winners, and thank all those who submitted nominations. We also thank our event sponsors and exhibitors.
Event Sponsors/Exhibitors include:
- Presenting Sponsor – Katz Sapper & Miller LLP
- Bronze Sponsor – Batesville Tool & Die, Inc.
- Copper Sponsors – Gregory & Appel Insurance; Hillenbrand; Major Tool & Machine LLC; and Winthrop Capital Management
- Patron Sponsor: Geo. Pfau’s Sons Co., Inc.
- Exhibitors: Direct Energy Business; FCCI Insurance Group; and Katz, Sapper & Miller LLP