(BEDFORD) – Bedford Utilities will be flushing fire hydrants beginning Sunday, Oct. 13th through Thursday, Oct. 24th.
The following is a tentative schedule for the flushing of fire hydrants for the City of Bedford. The schedule is subject to change if each day is not completed as scheduled or due to weather conditions.
Customers are cautioned to be careful on or about these days as the water can be muddy/rusty and will be harmful to laundry as far as staining. If the water becomes discolored in your area, let the cold faucets run for a short while and it should clear up.
Sunday Night, Monday Night October 13 – 14
- Everything South of 19th Street and West of Mitchell Road including Broadview Addition, Fresenius Medical Care, St. Vincent Dunn Hospital, Garden Villa, Bliss House, and Stonebridge Health Campus
Tuesday Night, Wednesday Night October 15 -16
- 16th Street West of M Street, Edgewood Addition, IU Health Bedford Hospital, Bex Addition, and Westview Manor
Thursday Night, Sunday Night October 17th and October 20th
- East of Mitchell Road, South of 16th Street, Brook Knoll, Glen Meadows, Shandell Drive and Core Nursing Home
Monday Night, Tuesday Night October 21-22
- John Williams Boulevard, All of Lincoln Avenue, 15th and M Street West, 8th Street South to 16th Street
Wednesday Night, Thursday Night October 23 -24
- East of Lincoln Avenue and North of 15th Street
Remember if the weather turns bad, this will be canceled.