(INDIANAPOLIS) – The Indiana Supreme Court annual report (July 1, 2018 – June 30, 2019) is now available online.
The annual report provides statistical case information as well as details about the administrative work of the Court and its affiliated agencies.
Read the report at courts.in.gov/supreme/files/1819report.pdf.
The five justices considered nearly 870 cases, heard 49 oral arguments, and handed down 65 majority opinions. In 2018-2019, 67% of Court opinions were unanimous. A variety of Supreme Court agency initiatives and statistics are also detailed in the report.
By the end of the fiscal year:
- Nearly 85% of the state’s caseload was in Odyssey (the state case management system)
- Nearly $16 million in grants were distributed to counties
- More than 7.6 million documents were e-filed statewide
- 415 applicants passed the Indiana bar exam
- 434 tweets highlighted opinions and other court announcements
- 297 days of judicial educational opportunities were offered
Past annual reports can be found at courts.in.gov/supreme/2484.htm.