(BEDFORD) – The Bedford Plan Commission approved a minor subdivision for Harold Hawkins.
Hawkins requested a subdivision of his property at 97 Lincoln Avenue. This will split the northern part of his property, which is a little more than an acre, into two parcels. Hawkins plans to sell the northern parcel.
Roderick Murphy’s request for a zoning change from B-3 to I-1 to operate a storage facility was approved. The property is located on Stevens Avenue on the city’s westside. A total of 1.298 acres will be used for that purpose. The proposal will now go before a public hearing before being approved.
During the meeting, Plan Commissioner Dan Kirk updated the commission on other projects that are underway throughout the city.
- IN-FAB, located at 2030 John Williams Blvd., will be expanding. They plan to construct a 25,500 square foot building.
- Papa John’s will start Construction soon on their new location across from Bedford Middle School. There was a delay after the company hired a new contractor for the project. Once construction begins it will take approximately three months, weather permitting, to complete. They hope to be open by March.
- Vision Group (Doug Kellams) constructed an 18,000 square foot building at 1630 Plaza Drive. The official announcement of what company is moving into the location has not been made public.
- CAP Inc. is building a 71,845 square foot building for the company’s expansion and growth. The company is located at the intersection of 4th and H streets in Bedford.
- Bedford Federal has started working on their property where Jenkins Motors was located. They plan to expand the parking lot and the alley next to their property to create a park. Future plans may include expanding their building.
- Saloon 812 has opened at 812 14th Street
- The Department of Child Services will be moving to 659 X Street in Bedford.
- Hillcrest Christian Church has almost completed the building of their new church. It will be a 14,500 square foot facility.
- Serenity Now, located at 2125 16th Street, is now offering mental health services.