(JACKSON/WASHINGTON CO.) – Daily closures of State Road 39 in Jackson and Washington Counties are scheduled September 17-19 to complete pipe replacements in preparation for a $5 million asphalt resurface project set to begin this fall.
The road will close in two sections beginning Tuesday, September 17. Work is scheduled to be completed by Thursday, September 19, weather permitting.
- Tuesday, September 17 to Wednesday, September 18 (8 a.m. to 5 p.m): State Road 39 closed between State Road 56 and State Road 256
- Tuesday: Pipe replacement approximately one mile south of Little York
- Wednesday: Pipe replacement approximately one-half mile north of Little York
- Detour: State Road 56 to I-65 to State Road 256
Thursday, September 19 (8 a.m. to 5 p.m.): State Road 39 closed between State Road 256 and State Road 250
- Thursday: Pipe replacement approximately two miles north of Tampico
- Detour: State Road 256 to I-65 to State Road 250
Work was originally scheduled for this week (September 10-12) but has been postponed at the request of the contractor of the upcoming State Road 39 resurfacing project.