The Indiana Bankers Association has recognized six members of the Indiana banking community with Leaders in Banking Excellence awards, the Association’s highest honor. The awards were initiated in 2018 to celebrate exceptional leaders who have positively impacted Indiana banks and the communities they serve.
The honors ceremony took place Aug. 9 at the IBA offices in Indianapolis. Presentations were made from dignitaries including: Director Thomas C. Fite, Indiana Department of Financial Institutions; Speaker Brian Bosma, Indiana House of Representatives; IBA Chairman Andrew J. Briggs, Farmers & Merchants State Bank; and Amber R. Van Til, IBA president and CEO.
The event culminated with the showing of the IBA Wall of Excellence, where plaques representing each honoree are to remain on permanent display. This year’s Leaders in Banking Excellence honorees represent a range of current and retired bankers. One is deceased and was represented at the ceremony by family members. All honorees were nominated by IBA-member banks and approved by the IBA board of directors.
The Indiana Bankers Association congratulates the 2019 class of Leaders in Banking Excellence:
- David M. Findlay, Lake City Bank, Warsaw
- James G. Hiatt, First State Bank of Middlebury
- Merle J. Kendall, Spencer County Bank, Santa Claus
- Morris L. “Morrie” Maurer, The National Bank of Indianapolis
- Robert C. Nelson (deceased), Indiana Bankers Association, Indianapolis
- Kip White, The Fountain Trust Company, Covington
For more information, including names of past honorees, visit: indianabankers.org/leaders-banking-excellence