(AVON) – Three locomotives caught fire Wednesday night in Avon.
CSX says the fire started because two of those three locomotives collided with a stationary railcar causing them to derail and rupture their fuel tanks.
Firefighters were sent to the CSX railyard in Avon a little after 8:30 Wednesday evening where smoke could be seen billowing into the air from miles away.
Lieutenant Jerry Bessler with Washington Township Avon Fire said firefighters and railyard workers worked for a couple hours to contain the fuel leaks. Bessler says no one was injured.