(UNDATED) – The cost of school supplies can cause stress in households across the Hoosier state at back-to-school time. For that reason, MDwise is donating more than 5,000 drawstring backpacks full of school supplies to students at back-to-school events through mid-August.
Tools for Schools is part of an MDwise program that promotes the well-being of Hoosier children through activities and outreach. The MDwise community outreach team work with local organizations to identify students’ needs, and then MDwise provides and coordinates the delivery of needed supplies.
“We recognize that proper school supplies often aren’t easily accessible to all students, but are pertinent to educational success,” said Nicki Gilbert, outreach supervisor at MDwise. “This program helps ensure young Hoosier students have the tools they need to thrive and grow in the classroom, and beyond.”
A sampling of recipient organizations follows.
- Anderson – Covering Kids and Families of Open Door Health Services
- Aurora – Covering Kids and Families Southern Indiana Economic Opportunity Corporation
- Evansville – Delaware Elementary School
- Fort Wayne – Fort Wayne Community Schools
- Gary – Marram Health Center
- Indianapolis – Child Advocates, Shalom Health Center, Justified by Faith Baptist Church, Covering Kids and Families Central Indiana
- Kokomo – Indiana Health Center
- Logansport – United Way of Cass County
- Michigan City – Michigan City Area Schools
- Munster – Franciscan Alliance
- Richmond – Covering Kids and Families Wayne County
- South Bend – Abundant Faith Family Ministries
- Terre Haute – Wabash Valley Health Center
- Valparaiso – Health Linc Health Center