(UNDATED) – The All Crimes Policing (ACP) squad from the Sellersburg Indiana State Police Post conducted a targeted drug patrol on I-65 in southern Indiana over the past two days.
As a result, 14 people have been charged with various drug charges ranging from possession of marijuana to meth and fentanyl-laced heroin.
On Wednesday and Thursday of this week, the ACP squad patrolled I-65 in Clark and Scott counties stopping vehicles for a variety of traffic violations. The ACP squad consists of nine troopers and also includes K-9 Teague and his handler, Trooper Nathan Abbott, and K-9 Riggs and his handler, Trooper Zach Smith.
As a result of the traffic stops and the subsequent investigations, 14 people were either arrested or cited for drug charges. There were 27 total charges, including eight felonies. 22 citations and 82 warnings were also issued.
The following people were arrested and are being held in the Clark County Jail:
- Timothy Allen, 40, Austin, on preliminary charges of possession of a narcotic – Level 6 felony and possession of methamphetamine – Level 6 Felony.
- Darek C. Powers, 40, Scottsburg, on a preliminary charge of possession of a narcotic – Level 6 felony.
- Ashley Danielle Nicole Sullivan, 26, Austin, on preliminary charges of possession of a syringe – Level 6 felony, possession of heroin – Level 6 felony, and trafficking with an inmate – Level 5 felony.
- Scott Allen Dorris, 50, Trafalgar, on preliminary charges of possession of a narcotic (Heroin/Fentanyl) – Level 6 felony and possession of a syringe – Level 6 Felony.
- Jason C. McComb, 25, Jeffersonville, on a preliminary charge of false Informing – B misdemeanor.