4-H members are reminded that fair entry is open until June 20.
All animal and Exhibit Hall projects must be entered by the deadline. To enter visit www.lawrencecounty.fairentry.com.
Here are some other important dates to remember
Tuesday, July 2
- 4:30 p.m.: Creative writing deadline (email to email@example.com)
Thursday, July 11
- 9 a.m.: Public speaking and demonstrations, sewing, and fashion revue judging (Expo Hall) *Mini’s optional
- 5-7 p.m.: Exhibit Hall projects, including cake decorating and animal posters (will be judged during this time, not at shows) *Exceptions: sewing (grades 3-12), gardening, flowers, crops, foods, microwave and create-a-mix (unless otherwise noted)
- Photography: 5-7 p.m. Expo Hall
- Mini Projects: 5-7 p.m. Community Building (excludes foods and flowers)
Friday July 12
- 8:30-10:30 a.m.: Foods preparation & preservation (Expo Hall): Includes microwave, create-a-mix and mini foods (projects can be dropped off from 7:30-8:30 a.m. if not available for judging)
- 10-11 a.m.: Gardening, flowers, and crops judging (Exhibit Hall): Includes mini gardening and flowers
4-Hers need to bring to judging their signed record sheets fastened in a green folder or a notebook. A ribbon level will be deducted if you do not have your record sheet with your project. Please make sure record sheets are signed by your club leader, three-hole punched and fastened in your book prior to judging.
The Lawrence County Fair is July 13 – 21.