(UNDATED) – Free admission to Indiana State Parks kicks off Visit Indiana Week.
Admission is free for everyone at state parks, state forest recreation areas and Interlake State Riding Area on Sunday, May 5.
Use the day to take a hike, visit an inn for lunch, enjoy a program with our interpretive naturalists, plan a picnic, and much more.
Turkey Run State Park
Every day is a great day to go to Indiana state park properties, but there will be a special incentive to travel to them during Visit Indiana week, which is May 5-11. The event is put on by the Indiana Office of Tourism Development and encourages people to get out to see what the Hoosier state has to offer.
Turkey Run State Park
State parks will participate in Visit Indiana week by offering promotions and posting stories about different properties on social media. From tasty treats to reminders of Indiana’s past to beautiful scenery, there will be a reason to take part in this week-long event every day.
- State Parks Sunday, May 5 – Enjoy free admission to state parks, state forest recreation areas, and Interlake off-road riding area. Check out the “What’s New” list for each state park at stateparks.IN.gov/9447.htm to see projects that park staff have been working on over the winter for your use and enjoyment.
- Get Moving Monday, May 6 – Visit one of seven properties offering a two-for-one two-hour kayak or canoe rental all week (Chain O’Lakes, Potato Creek, Ouabache, Summit Lake, Whitewater Memorial, Shakamak, Lincoln, Versailles state parks). Get your coupon at visitindiana.com/blog/index.php/2019/04/10/get-moving-monday/.
- Tasty Tuesday, May 7 – Visit one of the seven state park inn restaurants for 10 percent off your Tuesday meal. Get a coupon for the inn you want to visit at visitindiana.com/blog/index.php/2019/04/10/tasty-tuesday/. Also, watch for a fun video on the state parks Facebook page that features the popular weekend omelet bar at Potawatomi Inn at Pokagon State Park.
- Wayback Wednesday, May 8 – Visit a state park, find a historic building or structure, and post a photo of it on the State Parks Facebook page to be entered in a drawing for a 2019 annual pass to use this recreation season. The Facebook page will also offer a video about the historic features of McCormick’s Creek, Indiana’s first state park.
- Thirsty Thursday, May 9 – Visit an Indiana State Park waterfall, take a photo or selfie, and post it on the State Parks Facebook page to be entered in a drawing for a 2019 annual pass to use this recreation season. Be sure to stay on the trails or behind railings for your photos.
- Family Fun Friday, May 10 – Learn how to check out an Adventure Backpack at Mounds State Park by watching the State Parks Facebook page. Get started on the 11 activities listed in the Indiana Children’s Outdoor Bill of Rights that every Hoosier child should experience. See the list at childrenplayoutdoors.dnr.IN.gov.
- Sweet Saturday, May 11 – Get a free slice of sugar cream pie with any meal purchase at any Indiana State Park Inn. Get your coupon, which is valid for Saturday, May 11 only, at visitindiana.com/blog/index.php/2019/04/10/sweet-saturday.
Remember the inn and camping discounts that continue through much of May. Stay two consecutive nights and get 25 percent off through May 24 when you make reservations at indianainns.com by using the Spring Savings rate, and get 25 percent off camping Sunday- Wednesday through May 22 when you make reservations at camp.IN.gov by using promo code SPRING19.