(PROPHETSTOWN) – Chasing Clouds Kids Triathlon is hosted by Prophetstown State Park and welcomes participants ages 6-12 years old to a fun morning of swimming, biking, and running.
The swimming portion has a fun twist because it’s held at the aquatic center, and that means you’re not just swimming, you’ll be going down the tube slide too!
Proceeds benefit Prophetstown’s Interpretive Services Fund for Education, Arts, Culture and History Programs. Participants will receive a gift bag and be entered into a drawing for fun prizes.
Register by June 8 – Triathlon $30
Register by calling Prophetstown State Park at 765-320-0503 (to pay by credit card), or email registrant information to jparks@dnr.IN.gov (then mail check payment to Prophetstown State Park, 4112 SR 225 E, West Lafayette, IN 47906.)
The race will begin at 9 a.m. ET at the Aquatic Center at Prophetstown State Park. The race begins with a swim (length depends on participants age) followed by the bike ride on the park’s bicycle trail. After biking, the run will take place on the trails.
Division 1 (Ages 6-9)
- Swim: One length of the “lazy river” and one trip down the tube slide.
- Bike: 2 mile bike course on paved bicycle trail.
- Run: 0.8 mile run on park trails
Division 2 (Ages 10-12)
- Swim: Two lengths of the “lazy river” and two trips down the tube slide.
- Bike: 4 mile bike course on paved bicycle trail.
- Run: 1.5 mile run on park trails
- Gifts for all participants
- Water stops
- Well-Marked routes
- Snacks at the finish
- And more!
For more information, contact Jenna Parks by email at jparks@dnr.IN.gov, by phone at 765-320-0503 or visit https://www.in.gov/dnr/parklake/2971.htm.