Overheated Conveyor Belt Sparks Fire at Farmersburg Brick Plant

(FARMERSBURG) – An overheated conveyor belt is blamed for an early Wednesday morning fire in a building at Brampton Brick in Farmersburg.


The Sullivan Daily Times reports there were no injuries reported.
The fire was reported at 4:30 a.m. in the grinding area in a storage area.
Firefighters from Shelburn, Sullivan and Thunderbird fire departments responded to brick plant and were on scene until about 11 a.m.
There was significant damage to the equipment.
No employees will be out of work due to the damage. They will be moved to other jobs as repairs are made.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email
Share: