(MARTINSVILLE) – Today, geotechnical survey crews will begin taking soil samples and pavement cores at more than a dozen locations along the State Road 37 corridor in and around Martinsville. Crews will be on site from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily.
While some work will be done off the roadway with no impact to traffic, temporary lane restrictions on both northbound and southbound State Road 37 will be required at various locations. Motorists should be aware of changing traffic patterns between the State Road 39 interchange and just north of State Road 44.
At different times between Thursday, March 28 and Tuesday, April 2 geotechnical crews and drilling rigs will be taking pavement cores and soil samples on State Road 37 at or near:
- the Indian Creek overflow culvert, just south of the State Road 39 interchange
- between Burton Lane and Ohio Street, near the Waters of Martinsville
- just north of Industrial Drive, near the Spring Valley Mobile Home Park
- just south of Hospital Drive/State Road 252
- between Hospital Drive/State Road 252 and Reuben Drive/State Road44
- approximately one half mile north of Rueben Drive/State Road 44
- Samples and borings will also be taken in and around Reuben Drive west of State Road 37 and on State Road 44 east of State Road 37.
Temporary restrictions and/or flagging operations may be in place at any of these locations, so motorists are urged to be aware of changing traffic conditions along SR 37 through Martinsville for the duration of the geotechnical survey.
Motorists can learn about highway work zones and other traffic alerts at indot.carsprogram.org, 1-800-261-ROAD (7623) or 511 from a mobile phone. Subscribe to receive text and email alerts at https://public.govdelivery.com/accounts/INDOT/subscriber/new.