(UNDATED) – The Indiana State Bar Association is teaming up with the Office of the Indiana Attorney General and Feeding Indiana’s Hungry for the 11th consecutive year to sponsor March Against Hunger, a fund drive for lawyers to raise money for Indiana’s 11 regional food banks in the month of March.
`Since 2009, March Against Hunger has generated 70,019 pounds of food and $407,873.68 in monetary donations. There are an estimated 900,000 Hoosiers, including 280,000 children, at risk of hunger.
The fund drive is a competition for Indiana’s legal community, and winners will be crowned in a variety of categories.
We encourage individuals and firms to donate money, as every $1 donated can provide up to nine times the amount in groceries due to the stewardship of resources, food reclamation from area groceries and purchasing power of Feeding Indiana’s Hungry, as a larger non-profit. However, if firms or individuals want to collect non-perishable grocery items, those donations also can count toward the food drive.
The winner in each of the following categories will be presented with the coveted March Against Hunger trophy:
- Solo Proprietor (1 lawyer)
- Small Firm (2-11 lawyers)
- Medium Firm (12-21 lawyers)
- Large Firm (22-49 lawyers)
- X-Large Firm (50+ lawyers)
- Public/Non-Profit/Local Bar/Law School
Firms or individuals interested in donating or competing are encouraged to visit MarchAgainstHunger.org.
Indiana food banks served:
- Food Bank of Northwest Indiana, Inc. – Merrillville
- Community Harvest Food Bank of Northeast Indiana – Fort Wayne
- Food Finders Food Bank – Lafayette
- Hoosier Hills Food Bank – Bloomington
- Second Harvest Food Bank of East Central Indiana – Muncie
- Food Bank of Northern Indiana – South Bend
- Terre Haute Catholic Charities Foodbank – Terre Haute
- Gleaners Food Bank of Indiana – Indianapolis
- Tri-State Food Bank – Evansville
- Dare to Care Food Bank (Clark, Crawford, Floyd, Harrison & Washington counties) – Louisville
- Freestore Foodbank (Dearborn, Ohio & Switzerland counties) – Cincinnati
About the Indiana State Bar Association:
Founded in 1896, the Indiana State Bar Association is the single largest legal organization in the state. The ISBA serves and advocates on behalf of its members, their clients and the public interest as the independent voice of the legal profession. The ISBA’s office is located in downtown Indianapolis. For more information about the Indiana State Bar Association, visit www.inbar.org.