(BEDFORD) – One name was added and one was removed last week to the list of candidates running for public offices in Lawrence County.
Michael Hawkins announced he will be running for Bedford Mayor and Tanner Duncan withdrew his name from the Mitchell City Council race.
Open seats include the Mayor of Bedford and Mitchell, all seven Bedford city council seats and the Bedford clerk-treasurer.
Candidates can file at the county clerk’s office in the courthouse – forms including financial disclosures and certified party affiliation are required when filing and can be found at the Indiana Secretary of State’s website.
Here is who has filed so far:
- Rick Butterfield – Republican
- Sam Craig – Republican
- Robert Garrett – Republican
- Michael Hawkins – Republican
- Gene McCracken – Republican
Bedford City Clerk-Treasurer
- Incumbent – Marsha Pfeiffer – Republican
Bedford City Council District 1
- Ryan Giffith – Republican
- Brian Skillman – Republican
Bedford City Council District 2
- Larry Hardman – Republican
Bedford City Council District 3
- Scott Howard – Republican
Bedford City Council District 4
- Incumbent – Judy Carlisle – Republican
Bedford City Council District 5
- Incumbent – Penny May – Republican
Bedford City Council At-Large
- Incumbent – Adele Bowden-Purlee – Republican
- Angel Hawkins – Republican
- Daniel Bortner – Republican
- Incumbent- John JD England – Republican
- Dan Terrell – Republican
- Eugene “Pud” Terrell – Democrat
Mitchell City Clerk-Treasurer
- Incumbent – Mark Bryant – Republican
Mitchell City Council District 1
- Incumbent – Larry P. Caudell – Democrat
Mitchell City Council District 3
- Incumbent – Joey D. Slone – Democrat
- Roger “Brother Moe” Keith – Republican
- Perry Reynolds – Republican
Mitchell City Council District 4
- Incumbent – Everett Ferrel, Democrat
Mitchell City Council At Large
- William Erdler – Republican
- George James – Republican
- Incumbent – Jessica Staggs – Republican
Oolitic Town Council
- Incumbent – Dirk Sears – Republican
List of other important dates:
- Friday, Feb. 8 at noon is the deadline for major party candidates to file a declaration of candidacy.
- Monday, Feb. 11 at noon is the deadline for a candidate to withdraw from a race.
- Monday, April 8 is when voter registration for the primary election ends.
- Tuesday, May 7 is the Primary election. Polls are open from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Sunday, June 30 is the deadline for major parties to select a candidate to fill a vacancy on the ballot.
- Monday, July 15 at noon is the deadline for any candidate to withdraw from the election.
- Monday, Oct. 7 is the deadline to register to vote and update voter registration.
- Tuesday, Nov. 5 is Election day. Polls will be open from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.