(MARTINSVILLE) – Indiana Department of Transportation officials met with contractor representatives, design consultants and the Martinsville city engineer Monday morning at Seymour District offices to launch a $21.7 million project for new road and bridge construction to provide east-west access over Interstate 69/State Road 37 at Martinsville.
Milestone, the state’s prime contractor, plans to begin operations in mid-February to build Grand Valley Boulevard between South Street and Cramertown Loop.
Work will include:
- 0.88 miles of new road construction on Grand Valley Boulevard from 55 feet west of the existing South Street-Home Avenue intersection to Cramertown Loop.
- Bridge replacement on South Street over Sartor Ditch located 0.1 miles west of I-69/S.R. 37; the new 3-span concrete box beam structure will be 120 feet in length.
- New bridge construction on Grand Valley Boulevard over I-69/S.R. 37 (200 feet east of the Sartor Ditch structure); the new 3-span concrete beam bridge–located 0.79 miles south of S.R. 252–will be 368 feet in length.
- 1.06 miles of new road construction on Artesian Avenue from 260 feet west of the Mahalasville Road-Ohio Street intersection to Grand Valley Boulevard.
- Small structure replacements under I-69/S.R. 37, Grand Valley Boulevard and Artesian Avenue.
- Road construction on Cramertown Loop from 300 feet south of its intersection with Grand Valley Boulevard to 275 feet north of its intersection with Crestview Drive (NOTE: motorists traveling northbound from Cramertown Loop will be able to access S.R. 252).
Traffic count on I-69/S.R. 37 at Grand Valley Road is 38,300 vehicles per day.
A preconstruction meeting for two demolition contracts–one involving commercial properties, the other residential properties–was conducted by INDOT at Seymour offices this afternoon. Renascent Inc. of Indianapolis is the state contractor demolition operations along S.R. 37 between Indian Creek and S.R. 44. The combined award amount for the two projects is $899,425.
Motorists can learn about highway work zones and other traffic alerts at indot.carsprogram.org, 1-800-261-ROAD (7623) or 511 from a mobile phone. For highway information, monitor social media sites: www.Facebook.com/INDOTSoutheast and Twitter @INDOTSoutheast. Subscribe to receive text and email alerts at https://public.govdelivery.com/accounts/INDOT/subscriber/new.