Three-Year-Old Colton Harris Died From Methadone Overdose

(WEST BADEN SPRINGS) – According to Orange County Coroner Aaron Kemple, three-year-old Colton Brantley Harris died from a methadone overdose.


Methadone is a synthetic opioid prescribed for moderate to severe pain. It is also commonly used to treat opiate addictions.
Colton’s parents are behind bars in connection with his death on December 3rd at IU Health Paoli Hospital.
death of boy.jpg
French Lick Police and Orange County Sheriff’s deputies arrested 22-year-old Brittany and 22-year-old Tyler Harris on a charge of neglect of a dependent resulting in death.
Their arrests followed a two-month investigation by the Indiana State Police, the Orange County Sheriff’s Department and the Department of Child Services.
baby boy 3.jpg
Police and emergency crews responded to the Harris home in West Baden on December 3, after a 911 call reporting
Colton Brantley Harris was unresponsive.
He was taken to IU Health Paoli Hospital, where Colton was later pronounced dead.
According to his obituary, Colton was born in Bedford.
The couple is being held on $50,000 cash bond in the Orange County Jail.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email
Share: