Fire Damages Bedford Home

(BEDFORD) – A 911 call alerted Bedford Fire Department firefighters to a house fire at 1726 25th Street early this morning.


Firefighters were alerted to the blaze at 12:12 a.m. and firefighters from all three departments arrived on the scene three minutes later.
The home is owned by Brady Slinkard.
According to firefighters, when they arrived there was heavy smoke billowing out of the front door of the home.
Firefighters confined the fire to the kitchen and had it extinguished in a matter of minutes.
The fire was caused by a space heater.
Fire damage was limited to the kitchen area, but there was smoke throughout the house which firefighters used large fans to remove.
Duke Energy and Bedford City Utilities were called to the scene.
The Red Cross provided the residents housing for the night.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email
Share: